On the top centre of the Gemini are five alert LEDs that can be programmed to flash in different colours, and in different patterns when you receive a call on the device. This is defined in the LEDison app which is pre-installed on the Gemini.
Getting Started with LEDison
With the LEDison app open, you will see the pre-programmed light sequences, and you can work with these in different ways. In the top right corner of the screen is a menu icon, tapping this will display a menu in which you can Add [a] new sequence or [Assign] Called-ID animations.
Adding and Editing LED Sequences
When you add a new sequence you will see different lighting effects listed as Steps. Next to each one is a drop down menu from which you can choose the speed at which that step cycles, from Slow, Medium, Fast and Very Fast. Next are up and down arrows that allow you to re-sequence your alert pattern.
You can set alert LEDs in the following ways…
- Tap the left and right icons each side of the LED icons to cycle that pattern left and right
- Tap any LED icon to change its colour, this presents a circle of colours you can swipe your finger around to choose, and has a slider with which you can select the light intensity
- Tap the Slow, Med, Fast, V Fast drop down menu to chance the speed of that step
- Tap the up and down arrows to move a step upwards or downwards in the cycle
- Tap the menu button for additional options, including Duplicate, delete, copy, paste below and insert new
- You can also insert a new step by tapping the + button in the bottom left of the screen
- Tap the Play > icon in the bottom left of the screen to test your LED sequence
Assigning LED Sequences to Contacts
To add a new step by pressing the + icon in the bottom right of the screen, and when you are ready to assign an LED sequence to a contact, open the main menu by tapping the three dots in the top right of the screen, and select Caller-ID Animations.
This new screen lets you assign different light sequences to different callers. At the top of the screen is the Generic light pattern. This is the one that will show for people who are not in your address book, or for withheld numbers.
On the left side is a scrollable panel containing each of your contacts, and below that a search button. Select the contact to whom you want to assign an LED pattern and then you have two options, Incoming [call] pattern and In Progress [call] pattern. Each one has a drop-down menu from which you can select the pattern you wish to assign for that caller.
It’s then a simple, if initially time-consuming, matter of scrolling through your contacts until you have assigned LED sequences to every one you wish to be alerted to. If at any time you want to reset your caller LED sequences, click the Reset button in the top right of the screen.