If you have purchased a Gemini with a non-UK keyboard, you will need to configure the keyboard when it arrives, so the layout matches what appears on screen when you type. This is very easy to do on the Gemini.
- First, open the Google Play Store app and check for updates. You do this by clicking the Hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines) and then tapping My apps & games. There could be an update to the Gemini Keyboard app that you need before you can change your settings.
- Run the Gemini Keyboard app from the app apps view, and select the Configure option.
- Tap on the Select your preferred language link, and select the language that matches your keyboard from the list. You can optionally remove any languages you do not need.
- Tap the back button so you can set up stage two of keyboard configuration. Next tap Enable Gemini Keyboard.
- From the list of available keyboards that appears, turn on the Gemini Keyboard option. You should also switch off all other keyboards.
- Tap the back button again to continue to stage three of configuration. Then tap Switch input methods.
- At the next screen you should only see one keyboard option listed, as Gemini keyboard. You do not need the Show virtual keyboard option enabled.
- Tap the back button one last time to complete configuration, then tap Configure your keyboard layout.
- Lastly, tap on the correct “Gemini keyboard” for your language and physical keyboard. Do not select one of the Android keyboard options, otherwise some keys will not operate correctly.
You have now finished configuring the physical keyboard for your Gemini PDA.