I’m currently writing the Gemini PDA manual, as many of you know, and I’ve been talking to Planet Computers about taking a different approach to the tech reviewing and proof reading for the book. After some consideration, as the Gemini itself is a crowdsourced product, it seems only fitting and logical to also crowdsource the manual.
What I’m looking for is a small team of Gemini backers who can join a special, super-secret Facebook group. They’ll all receive chapters as they’re finished, and can help make sure the manual is the best manual for any computer… ever!
You can be anywhere in the world, and the more people who don’t speak English as a first language the better, as it can only help make the manual more understandable for more people.
The editing process will take place from late May for approximately two to three weeks, so you’d need to be available during that time (mostly).
There are some criteria applicants would need to meet…
- The project is super-secret, so no leaking, we know where you live!
- Applicants must already have taken delivery of their Gemini or have it shipping soon
- Backers with an Indiegogo status of “Order Locked” can apply
- We are looking for the following experiences…
- Writing / Editing (if possible)
- Education / Teaching (if possible)
- Experience with Google’s Android OS
- Experience with Linux
- Applicants must have a Facebook account and be prepared to join the editing private group
The role would involve the following things…
- Performing a technical review of chapters, and feeding back on any technical errors
- Making suggestions for any subjects or topics that should be included in the manual
- Performing a proof-read, and feeding back on grammatical or spelling errors
- Non-English speakers to comment on the language used in the manual, and how easy it is to understand
If you are interested in becoming a reviewer, please fill in your details using the form below. We can’t ask all of you, but we’re very grateful to everybody who applies.
UPDATE: We now have enough people, many thanks to everybody who applied.